[mvapich-discuss] Enjoying the CMA-aware mvapich2 :)

Mehmet Belgin mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu
Sat Aug 2 11:11:41 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled upon a poster (by Jerome Vienne) during the XSEDE14
conference, which explained CMA-related improvements with the latest
version of MVAPICH2 . It looked too good to be true, so I gave it a shot
myself on our 64core Interlagos nodes. The latency and bandwidth
improvements I observed also confirm the significant improvements over
rc1 (my findings are attached, sorry for the ugly format). The results
are mind blowing, especially given that they are available to users with
no extra effort (no special kernel modules, extra runtime parameters, etc).

For once, I wanted to write the list to NOT complain about bugs or
problems, but rather appreciate the good work the developers are doing.
I hope this encourages others who still have not given the latest
version a try to do so :)

Our big applause goes to all the MVAPICH2 developers, and please keep up
the good work!

  -Mehmet

Mehmet Belgin, Ph.D. (mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu)
Scientific Computing Consultant | OIT - Academic and Research Technologies
Georgia Institute of Technology
258 Fourth Street, Rich Building, Room 326
Atlanta, GA  30332-0700
Office: (404) 385-0665