[mvapich-discuss] Enjoying the CMA-aware mvapich2 :)

Panda, Dhabaleswar panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Aug 2 11:36:32 EDT 2014

Hi Mehmet,

Thanks for your note. CMA support has been available in MVAPICH2 since 1.9 version. Prior to this support, equivalent
kernel-based support (LiMIC2 module) has been there in MVAPICH2 for many years.  In the MVAPICH2 2.0 GA-version,
CMA support has been made default if the underlying kernel supports it. The GA version also has the flexibility
for LiMIC2 support.

We strongly suggest users to use CMA/LiMIC2 support to extract maximum intra-node communication
performance with MVAPICH2 on modern multi-core platforms.

Thanks,

DK