[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-1.9a2 configuration issue

Bharath Ramesh bramesh at vt.edu
Sat Jan 12 12:52:24 EST 2013

I am trying to install mvapich2-1.9a2 on our cluster.
Unfortunately, I am facing an issue building hwloc because at the
configuration stage of hwloc core some of the sizes for various
types are being detected incorrectly. Here is the snippet of the
configure output

###
### Configuring hwloc core
###
checking hwloc building mode... embedded
configure: hwloc builddir: /home/bramesh/ARC/apps/build/mvapich2-1.9a2/src/pm/hydra/tools/topo/hwloc/hwloc
configure: hwloc srcdir: /home/bramesh/ARC/apps/build/mvapich2-1.9a2/src/pm/hydra/tools/topo/hwloc/hwloc
checking if want hwloc maintainer support... disabled (embedded mode)
checking for hwloc directory prefix... tools/topo/hwloc/hwloc/
checking for hwloc symbol prefix... hwloc_
checking size of void *... 0
checking which OS support to include... Linux
checking which CPU support to include... unknown -- assuming x86_64
checking size of unsigned long... (cached) 8
checking size of unsigned int... 0
checking for the C compiler vendor... gnu

My configure line is:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/apps/mvapich2 --enable-shared --with-ib-include=/opt/ofed/ofed/include --with-ib-libpath=/opt/ofed/ofed/lib64 --with-pbs=/opt/torque/torque

I am not subscribed to the list so would appreciate it if I am
copied on the replies.

--
Bharath