[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 for regular ethernet NICs?

Federico Silla fsilla at disca.upv.es
Thu Feb 21 08:55:37 EST 2013

Hi,

I am learning about MPI and I decided to install MPI in my (small)
cluster which has regular 1GB ethernet NICs.

As I heard many times about MVAPICH2, I am trying it. But after looking
at the documentation, I have the feeling that MVAPICH2 is intended for
infiniband adapters (and RoCE NICs) and does not support regular
ethernet NICs.

Thus, my question is whether I should continue with MVAPICH2 or I should
switch to MPICH2?

Thanks in advance,

Federico Silla