[mvapich-discuss] OSU microbenchmark configure issue

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Feb 20 14:13:49 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:55:56AM -0600, Michael Raymond wrote:
>   The configure script for the OSU microbenchmarks looks for the
> existence of the mpicc and oshcc compiler helpers. If it finds one
> of them, it uses it for compiling the whole benchmark suite and
> doesn't look for the other. Would it be possible to change the
> script to use mpicc for the MPI programs and oshcc for the OpenSHMEM
> programs?

Thanks for the suggestion Michael.  We'll explore enhancing our
configure script to better handle the selection of compilers for each
benchmark type.

Right now we just leverage the available autoconf macros for selection
of a C compiler.  We may try to make separate macros for MPI, OpenSHMEM,
and UPC compilers in a future release.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo