[mvapich-discuss] Avoiding busy-waiting with ch3:mrails

Devendar Bureddy bureddy at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 13 13:37:37 EDT 2012

Hi Adrian

MVAPICH2 library internally disable the busy waiting behavior when running
with MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE. Please make sure you turn off the affinity with
thread multiple. Please find more details at
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.8rc1.html#x1-730006.14
)

-Devendar

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Ionescu, A. <a.ionescu at student.vu.nl>wrote:

>  Dear MVAPICH users,
>
> We are developing a distributed, multi-threaded application that is
> supposed to communicate over Infiniband. Is there any way we can disable
> the busy-waiting behaviour of the MVAPICH2 library when using the
> ch3:mrails channel?
>
> We read about the MV2_USE_THREAD_YIELD  and MV2_THREAD_YIELD_SPIN_THRESHOLD
> variables that used to be available in previous versions of MVAPICH2, but
> it appears they have been gotten rid of in the more recent ones. Are
> there any alternatives? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Adrian

Devendar