[mvapich-discuss] Avoiding busy-waiting with ch3:mrails

Ionescu, A. a.ionescu at student.vu.nl
Fri Apr 13 05:17:06 EDT 2012

Dear MVAPICH users,

We are developing a distributed, multi-threaded application that is supposed to communicate over Infiniband. Is there any way we can disable the busy-waiting behaviour of the MVAPICH2 library when using the ch3:mrails channel?

We read about the MV2_USE_THREAD_YIELD  and MV2_THREAD_YIELD_SPIN_THRESHOLD variables that used to be available in previous versions of MVAPICH2, but it appears they have been gotten rid of in the more recent ones. Are there any alternatives? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Adrian