[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 and OFED 1.5.2 without libibcommon

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:43:12 EST 2011

Hello, I've looked into this issue a bit and I don't see where we
would be depending on ibcommon.  I think this is an artifact from a
sample mpi program `cpi' that is built in the examples directory.
This should have failed to build if there was a dependency on the
non-existent library.

Are the applications simply using mpicc in order to build?  Do you
have multiple MPIs installed?  Can you check to make sure that you're
using the correct mpicc and its linking against the new mpicc.  Try
using `which mpicc' if you're not using the full path to mpicc
explicitly.  Are you able to build the osu_benchmarks (available in
the osu_benchmarks sub-directory and at
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/benchmarks/osu-micro-benchmarks-3.3.tar.gz)?

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Jyh-Shyong <c00jsh00 at nchc.org.tw> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed OFED-1.5.2 and the mvapich2 included in the package on our
> cluster,
> and I found that when I try to compile some application programs using
> mvapich2
> MPI libraries, I always got an error message during the link stage:
>
> cannont find  -libcommon
>
> I realized that libibcommon has been removed from OFED-1.5.2, but I don't
> inderstand
> why MPI packages included in OFED-1.5.2 still have the dependency on
> libibcommon?
> Or is there a way to avoid this problem?
>
> I als tried to build mvapich2 with the source downloaded directly from its
> official page
> and got the same error,  the MPI environment still need libibcommon.so or
> libibcommon.a.
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Jyh-Shyong Ho, Ph.D.
> Research Scientist
> National Center for HIgh Performance Computing
> Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo