[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 and OFED 1.5.2 without libibcommon

Jyh-Shyong c00jsh00 at nchc.org.tw
Fri Feb 25 07:28:01 EST 2011

Hi,

I installed OFED-1.5.2 and the mvapich2 included in the package on our
cluster,
and I found that when I try to compile some application programs using
mvapich2
MPI libraries, I always got an error message during the link stage:

cannont find  -libcommon

I realized that libibcommon has been removed from OFED-1.5.2, but I
don't inderstand
why MPI packages included in OFED-1.5.2 still have the dependency on
libibcommon?
Or is there a way to avoid this problem?

I als tried to build mvapich2 with the source downloaded directly from
its official page
and got the same error,  the MPI environment still need libibcommon.so
or libibcommon.a.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards

Jyh-Shyong Ho, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
National Center for HIgh Performance Computing
Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC