[mvapich-discuss] A problem of background processing

Xiaohong Zheng xhzheng at foxmail.com
Wed Feb 9 02:59:40 EST 2011

Hello, Dear All,

When I try to run the following command:

mpirun_rsh -np 8 n1 n1 n1 n1 n1 n1 n1 n1 /home/xhzheng/ttt >output &

the message "[8]+  Stopped                 mpirun_rsh -np 8 n1 n1 n1 n1
n1 n1 n1 n1 /home/xhzheng/ttt >output" always appears. When use the
command "top" to see the status, I can see that it is running. However,
there is not any output. When I remove the "&", then I do not see the
"Stopped" message and it runs very well and I can see the normal output.

I have seen this problem for many times. Could anybody tell me how to
deal with it, please?  Thanks!!

Xiaohongs