[mvapich-discuss] use of parallel ib and ethernet interfaces

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 1 18:14:31 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Pavan Balaji <balaji at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On 02/01/2011 12:24 PM, Sayantan Sur wrote:
>>
>> In the future, we may look into providing support for multiple
>> interfaces simultaneously (through same binary). However, the MPICH2
>> framework currently does not support this.
>
> FYI, MPICH2 does allow multiple networks to be used within Nemesis.

Thanks for the information, Pavan. We verified that this is working
with Nemesis.

Michael, David - Here are the instructions on how to configure
MVAPICH2 in order to use different networks (ib and tcp) from within
the same binary.

Configuring MVAPICH2:

$ ./configure --with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib,tcp
$ mpiexec.hydra -f hosts ./osu_latency -n 2
... runs with ib ...
$ MPICH_NEMESIS_NETMOD=tcp mpiexec.hydra -f hosts ./osu_latency -n 2
... runs with tcp ...

Thanks.

--
Sayantan Sur