[mvapich-discuss] Configuration with Many code nodes

Krishna Kandalla kandalla at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Aug 16 19:30:47 EDT 2011

Hi Ralph,
            _AFFINITY and VIADEV_USE_AFFINITY are enabled by default in
MVAPICH.  However, if you have a scheduler that can assign process to core
affinity, it is possible that it can conflict with what we do within our
library. In such cases, you are probably better off disabling MPI-level
affinity in your launcher script and letting the scheduler handle it
completely. On the other hand, if the scheduler does not do it, you can
always use VIADEV_CPU_MAPPING to indicate a specific process to core binding
pattern. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Krishna