[mvapich-discuss] mpiexec and mpirun_rsh as non Root issues

Diego Humberto Kalegari kalegari at lactec.org.br
Wed Aug 17 10:12:34 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I'm trying to set up a environment with MVAPICH2.

I was installed this and made all the configurations required if ssh to avoid asking for a user specific PWD.. When I do a ssh to another system with any user it logs in automatically

I was successfully able to run mpiexec and  mpirun_rsh as root user.. But when I try to run i as anoher user, any toher in my system I can't it gives me the following

Fatal error in MPI_Init:
Other MPI error

[mpiexec at dvse-cluster] control_cb (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:215): assert (!closed) failed
[mpiexec at dvse-cluster] HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event (./tools/demux/demux_poll.c:77): callback returned error status
[mpiexec at dvse-cluster] HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:179): error waiting for event
[mpiexec at dvse-cluster] main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:397): process manager error waiting for completion

Could someone please provide me with any support ?

Best Regards

Dieog