[mvapich-discuss] Re: MVAPICH and SLURM affinity settings

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Oct 28 10:08:22 EDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:26 AM, stephen mulcahy
<smulcahy at atlanticlinux.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I modify my script as follows

> export VIADEV_USE_AFFINITY=1
> export  VIADEV_CPU_MAPPING=0:2:3:4:1:5:6:7
> srun --mpi=mvapich ${ROMS_DIR}/runme.csh ${ROMS_BIN} ${INFILE}
>
> then the affinity settings work as expected (which makes sense on
> reflection).
>
> Sorry for wasting anyones time, maybe of use to someone else in the future.

No worries! We would've asked you to try "export"ing them.

On another note, you may want to set up MVAPICH2-1.5.1 since that has
bunch and scatter directives to conveniently place processes on
multi-core systems.

https://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.5.1.html#x1-330006.2

Thanks.