[mvapich-discuss] C++: MPI_Request_f2c -> MPIR_ToPointer is undefined

Tobias Hilbrich Tobias.Hilbrich at zih.tu-dresden.de
Tue Aug 24 02:28:37 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am new to the list and am just posting to notify you of a potential
bug I encountered with MVAPICH, if it is already known/tracked/discussed
just ignore my mail.

I am using MPI_Request_f2c for Fortran support of an PMPI based tool we
develop. With MVAPICH there seems to be an issue with this call when
using C++.

The simple test below:
#include <mpi.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  MPI_Request my_request = MPI_REQUEST_NULL;
  MPI_Fint my_fort_request = MPI_Request_c2f(my_request);
  MPI_Request my_request_reconvert = MPI_Request_f2c(my_fort_request);
  return 0;
}

While not semantically useful should compile. For C it works perfectly
with MVAPICH, for C++ I get the following:

$mpiicpc ft_request_convert.cc
ft_request_convert.cc(6): error: identifier "MPIR_ToPointer" is undefined
    MPI_Request my_request_reconvert = MPI_Request_f2c(my_fort_request);
                                       ^

compilation aborted for ft_request_convert.cc (code 2)

I am using Intel compilers.

Thx for your time, Tobias

--
Tobias Hilbrich
Zentrum fuer Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (ZIH)
Mail: tobias.hilbrich at zih.tu-dresden.de