[mvapich-discuss] Segmentation fault when using MVAPICH 1.1

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 10 12:17:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

> One of my users has an MPI code that gives a segmentation fault when
> running under MVAPICH 1.1, but runs fine under 0.9.9.  Does anyone
> have a suggestion on what could be causing this and what steps I might
> take to remedy it?  I have a sample code I can send that reliably seg
> faults, if that is helpful.

Thanks for your note. Have you tried your application with the MVAPICH 1.1
branch version.  A couple of patches have gone there recently including
one related to ptmalloc. Please try this branch version and let us know
whether this solves the problem or not. If the problem is not solved, we
will aprpeciate receiving the sample code from you to reproduce the
problem.

Best Regards,

DK