[mvapich-discuss] Segmentation fault when using MVAPICH 1.1

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 10 12:23:06 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 05:29:22PM +0200, Roberta Gigon wrote:
> Hi there,
> One of my users has an MPI code that gives a segmentation fault when
> running under MVAPICH 1.1, but runs fine under 0.9.9.  Does anyone
> have a suggestion on what could be causing this and what steps I might
> take to remedy it?  I have a sample code I can send that reliably seg
> faults, if that is helpful.

You can send the mpi program.  However it will also be useful to send a
backtrace from the generated core file(s).  Also, are any environment
variables set or did you modify the install script in any way other than
setting the installation directory?

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo