[mvapich-discuss] RMA on MVAPICH2

Satoshi Isono isono at cray.com
Wed Dec 9 00:26:17 EST 2009

Dear members,

I have a question about RMA (Remote Memory Access) function when using MVAPICH2. My MVAPICH2 is 1.2p1 version.

In case of specifying 65 processes, I tried to use RMA functions which are MPI_Win_create and MPI_Win_fence, but this code did not work. When I specify under 64 processes, it works without problem.

Then I did test with option MV2_USE_RDMA_ONE_SIDED=0, it works with 65 processes.

I understand that MVAPICH2 sets optimal RMA function on default. Does above result show bug in MVAPICH2? With other MPIs like OpenMPI or HP-MPI, does it occur same result?

I would like to know MVAPICH2 specification on RMA function.

Best regards,
Satoshi Isono