[mvapich-discuss] SLURM with MVAPICH2-1.4-RC1

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 6 21:18:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 05:55:25PM -0700, Adam Moody wrote:
> Hello MVAPICH team,
> I'm trying to build and test MVAPICH2-1.4-RC1-r3378.  I'd like to
> configure it to use SLURM (i.e., link against SLURM's PMI library) so
> that I can launch the job via something like "srun -n2 ./hellompi".
> According to the User Guide, it looks like there is a --with-slurm
> configuration parameter, but I can't get it to work.  First, it's not
> clear which directory I should name here.  We have a pmi.h in
> /usr/include/slurm and a libpmi.so in /usr/lib64.  I tried
> --with-slurm=/usr/lib64 on the top most configure, but that didn't work.
> Can you tell me what I need to do?
> Thanks,
> -Adam

The path that you provide to --with-slurm should by '/usr' if its
needed at all.  Is /usr/lib64 part of your systems standard search path?

If so this should work, otherwise it looks like the build system won't
work in your case as there is an explicit /lib appended to the path
given.  You may want to try editing src/pmi/slurm/configure.in:44 and
re-running './maint/updatefiles' followed by configure to see if you can
get better results.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo