[mvapich-discuss] mpi_ssend and system call (fortran) conflict

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 18 15:59:52 EDT 2008

Noam,

Section 8.1.2 of MVAPICH2 1.0.3 user guide (a similar section exists for
MVAPICH 1.0.1 too) indicates the following for the use of fork() and
system()  calls.

fork() and system() calls are supported for the OpenFabrics device as long
as the kernel is being used is Linux 2.6.16 or newer. Additionally, the
version of OFED used should be 1.2 or higher. The environment variable
IBV_FORK_SAFE=1 must also be set to enable fork support.

Are all these constraints being satisfied?

Thanks,

DK