[mvapich-discuss] mpi_ssend and system call (fortran) conflict

Noam Bernstein noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jul 18 16:37:46 EDT 2008

Aah - I missed the IBV_FORK_SAFE requirement.  I've activated that,
but it's complaining that it can't do it:

jellium.nrl.navy.mil 1224 : cat ssend_forksafe.mvapich2-1.0.3.stderr
libibverbs: Warning: fork()-safety requested but init failed
libibverbs: Warning: fork()-safety requested but init failed
libibverbs: Warning: fork()-safety requested but init failed
libibverbs: Warning: fork()-safety requested but init failed
send desc error
[0] Abort: [] Got completion with error 1, vendor code=69, dest rank=1
  at line 519 in file ibv_channel_manager.c

Same error messages from mvapich-1.0.1, and both mvapich and mvapich2
fail in the same way as before (since presumably they're not _actually_
running in fork-safe mode).

It's perhaps looking more like an OFED problem now, I suppose, but if it
is, maybe you can give me some clues as to what to look for?

													Noam