[mvapich-discuss] mpi_ssend and system call (fortran) conflict

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 18 15:51:01 EDT 2008

Hi Noam,

By default we do not turn on the fork-safe support since there is some
slight performance overhead. To enable the support you need to use the
IBV_FORK_SAFE=1 enviroment variable

e.g.
  mpirun_rsh -np X -hostfile Y IBV_FORK_SAFE=1 ./exec

This is in 7.1.2 of the MVAPICH user guide as well.

Let us know if this helps or not. Thanks!

Matt