[mvapich-discuss] errors when using MVAPICH on P4 Cluster@OSC

Abhinav Vishnu vishnu at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 20 11:04:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

Glad to know that the simple program worked. Can you let us know,
whether you used the same set of machines, which you are trying to use
for your original program?

Also, i feel that since your MPI program worked, it is not an MVAPICH
issue.

> Thanks for your reply. I tried a dummy program, and it works fine with both mpicc and icpc. The only reason i am using icpc is that a shared open source library i am using now can not be compiled and linked together with my MPI program when using mpicc or mpicxx. I am suspecting it is the major problem that cause the failure of my program. but i don't know how to fix it.
>
> Another question, bear with me if it is too simple. I am not sure whether I have to make local copies of the shared library i am using or not. Since it is distributed system, i don't think it is accessible to all processors. Does MPI automatically do the copying?

MPI will not do the copying of the shared library. I think you may want
to ask your sys admin about this.

Thanks again,

:- Abbhinav