[mvapich-discuss] errors when using MVAPICH on P4 Cluster@OSC

YANG YUAN yuan.65 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 20 10:56:06 EDT 2007

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your reply. I tried a dummy program, and it works fine with both mpicc and icpc. The only reason i am using icpc is that a shared open source library i am using now can not be compiled and linked together with my MPI program when using mpicc or mpicxx. I am suspecting it is the major problem that cause the failure of my program. but i don't know how to fix it.

Another question, bear with me if it is too simple. I am not sure whether I have to make local copies of the shared library i am using or not. Since it is distributed system, i don't think it is accessible to all processors. Does MPI automatically do the copying?

Again, appreciated!

yang