[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-0.9.8-branch question

Sundeep Narravula narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Feb 15 17:07:51 EST 2007

Kanoj,

> Yes, the rnic I am working with can be put into a mode
> to guarantee in-order placement.

This is good for RDMA_FAST_PATH.

> I think a specifiable environment variable should be
> able to handle this case correctly, no?

We will be providing an option to enable RDMA_FAST_PATH with a specifiable
environment variable. This will be in the SVN in the next 1-2 days.

> In general, are there any online documents describing
> internals of mvapich/iwarp and the various settable
> parameters etc? For example, if a newbie wanted to
> understand the iwarp primitives used in a benchmark
> program (say one of the osu_benchmarks), how would he
> go about that?

All the information regarding the adjustable parameters of MVAPICH2 are
available from the MVAPICH2 user-guide.

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/user_guide.html
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/download-mvapich2/mvapich2_user_guide.html

Cheers,