[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-0.9.8-branch question

Kanoj Sarcar kanojsarcar at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 18:20:22 EST 2007

--- Sundeep Narravula <narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu>
wrote:

> Kanoj,
>
> > Yes, the rnic I am working with can be put into a
> mode
> > to guarantee in-order placement.
>
> This is good for RDMA_FAST_PATH.
>
> > I think a specifiable environment variable should
> be
> > able to handle this case correctly, no?
>
> We will be providing an option to enable
> RDMA_FAST_PATH with a specifiable
> environment variable. This will be in the SVN in the
> next 1-2 days.

Thanks; any chance this can get picked into ofed 1.2?

> > In general, are there any online documents
> describing
> > internals of mvapich/iwarp and the various
> settable
> > parameters etc? For example, if a newbie wanted to
> > understand the iwarp primitives used in a
> benchmark
> > program (say one of the osu_benchmarks), how would
> he
> > go about that?
>
> All the information regarding the adjustable
> parameters of MVAPICH2 are
> available from the MVAPICH2 user-guide.

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/user_guide.html

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/download-mvapich2/mvapich2_user_guide.html

Okay, thanks, I will look these over.

Kanoj

> Cheers,
>   --Sundeep.
>

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Kanoj
> >
> > --- Sundeep Narravula
> <narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Kanoj,
> > >
> > >   The RDMA_FAST_PATH that we use in mvapich2
> > > involves polling on the last
> > > byte of an expected message to flag message
> > > completions on the remote
> > > side. Since this is not guaranteed by iWARP we
> have
> > > disabled this
> > > by default for the iWARP mode.
> > >
> > > Does the RNIC you use guarantee inorder
> placement of
> > > RDMA bytes into the
> > > remote buffer? or guarantee that the last byte
> will
> > > be placed last into
> > > the user buffer?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >   --Sundeep.

> support
> > > in

src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/ibv_param.c,