[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-0.9.8-branch question

Kanoj Sarcar kanojsarcar at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 16:05:47 EST 2007

Hi Sundeep,

Ok, thanks, I see the rationale now.

Yes, the rnic I am working with can be put into a mode
to guarantee in-order placement.

I think a specifiable environment variable should be
able to handle this case correctly, no?

In general, are there any online documents describing
internals of mvapich/iwarp and the various settable
parameters etc? For example, if a newbie wanted to
understand the iwarp primitives used in a benchmark
program (say one of the osu_benchmarks), how would he
go about that?

Thanks.

Kanoj

--- Sundeep Narravula <narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Kanoj,
>
>   The RDMA_FAST_PATH that we use in mvapich2
> involves polling on the last
> byte of an expected message to flag message
> completions on the remote
> side. Since this is not guaranteed by iWARP we have
> disabled this
> by default for the iWARP mode.
>
> Does the RNIC you use guarantee inorder placement of
> RDMA bytes into the
> remote buffer? or guarantee that the last byte will
> be placed last into
> the user buffer?
>
> Regards,
>   --Sundeep.
>

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Kanoj Sarcar wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am a mpi/mvapich newbie looking at iwarp support
> in
> > mvapich2.
> >
> > Between 0.9.8 release and branch, in procedure
> > rdma_get_control_parameters() in file

src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/ibv_param.c,