[mvapich-discuss] Re: PPC and MVAPICH

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jan 29 09:08:18 EST 2006

Hi Alfred,

> Does MVAPICH work on PPCs.  I do not see an option in mvapich.make.gcc.

I believe you are refering to the PPC+IBM ehca platforms. MVAPICH and
MVAPICH2 support PPC+MAC OSx on the Apple servers.

For VAPI implementation of MVAPICH on PPC+IBM ehca, we have a
patch. However, there is no publicly available VAPI driver for PPC+IBM
ehca. Thus, we are not able to test and release it.

On the Gen2 side, we are proceeding with the OpenIB/Gen2 stack on
PPC+IBM ehca. As you might be knowing, this Gen2 support for ehca in
the OpenIB/Gen2 stack is undergoing development in the recent
months. We are following this development and testing the latest stack
on our systems. We plan to incorporate the support for PPC+ehca in our
upcoming integrated version of MVAPICH (VAPI, uDAPL and Gen2). It will
be released in a few weeks.

Hope this answers your query. If not, please let us know.

I am also forwarding this note to the recently created mvapich-discuss
mailing list because this information might be of interest to
others. I hope this is acceptable with you. In future, please feel
free to post your questions to mvapich-discuss list directly.

Best Regards,

DK