[mvapich-discuss] mpirun runtime problems with ch_gen2

Guido Passet guido.passet at clustervision.com
Sat Apr 15 17:46:31 EDT 2006

Hello Sayantan,

Thanks for your replies.

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 02:00:30PM -0400, Sayantan Sur wrote:

> Section 7.2.3 talks about QP or CQ creation failure when using OpenIB
> Gen2.
>
> This error is mainly because Gen2 depends on the system setting for
> knowing how much memory is registr-able. CQs, QPs etc. are kept in
> registered memory. So, if the system setting for this limit (ulimit -l)
> is lesser than required, CQ creation (by underlying Gen2 library) will
> fail.
>
> Could you please try out the suggestions and let us know if this works
> for you?

Ah yes, ofcourse. The dreaded ulimits :) I totally forgot about these.
However i have set things to 'unlimited' rather than to the physical
size of the memory. I had to tinker with a few more options but things
seem fine now. I havent had the time to do any speedtests yet but ill
get to that some other time.

Thanks again,

Guido Passet            Email: guido.passet at clustervision.com

ClusterVision BV        Email support: support at clustervision.com
Nieuw-Zeelandweg 15B    Web: http://www.clustervision.com
1045 AL Amsterdam       Tel: +31 20 407 7550
The Netherlands         Fax: +31 84 759 8389