[mvapich-discuss] mpirun runtime problems with ch_gen2

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Apr 15 14:00:30 EDT 2006

Hello Guido,

Thanks for updating and we're glad you are able to resolve your problem.

> I just checked out svn version 85 and although the pathissue has been
> resolved i still run into a problem. Please see my paste below which is an
> attempt to run a simple pingpong program (Intel BenchMark).
>
> $ > mpirun -nolocal -machinefile nodes -np 2 ~/BenchMarks/imb/2.3/IMB-MPI1
> PingPong
>
> which is followed by the following output.
>
> [1] Abort: Error creating CQ

We'd be glad if you could you please try out the suggestions made in our
User Guide's Troubleshooting section? There is on on this specific
error.

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/mvapich_user_guide.html

Section 7.2.3 talks about QP or CQ creation failure when using OpenIB
Gen2.

This error is mainly because Gen2 depends on the system setting for
knowing how much memory is registr-able. CQs, QPs etc. are kept in
registered memory. So, if the system setting for this limit (ulimit -l)
is lesser than required, CQ creation (by underlying Gen2 library) will
fail.

Could you please try out the suggestions and let us know if this works
for you?

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--