MCLC: Chinese Literature Today 6.1

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 5 10:21:43 EDT 2017

MCLC LIST
Chinese Literature Today 6.1
Dear MCLC List members,
I am very happy to announce that Chinese Literature Today vol. 6 no. 1 is now available and can be found on the Routledge website (http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/uclt20/6/1?nav=tocList). I want to thank CLT’s readers for their patience in 2016 as CLT transitioned into a new partnership with Routledge. CLT will now reach exponentially more readers across the globe while delivering the quality of presentation and timeliness that its readers have come to expect. Dr. Zhu Ping, Associate Professor of Chinese Literature at the University of Oklahoma, will become Deputy Editor in Chief, a role that I have held since 2010. Dr. Zhu has long worked as an Associate Editor of CLT and will serve ably as the new Deputy Editor in Chief. I will now direct more of my attention to my  new role as Curator of the Chinese Literature Translation Archive at the University of Oklahoma Libraries and will become CLT’s new Deputy Executive Director. I will work with Dr. Zhu and colleagues at World Literature Today, Beijing Normal University, and Routledge to ensure that CLT readers have access to the best, most compelling literature coming out of China today.
Onward,
Jonathan Stalling <stalling at ou.edu>
Below is the TOC of #11 for your convenience.
FEATURED AUTHOR: JIA PINGWA
6 Introduction, by Jonathan Stalling
8 Ruined City, by Jia Pingwa
14 Butterfly's Reincarnation: From Zhuang Zhidie to Lao Sheng, by Zhang Xiaoqin
18 Carrying on "Chinese Fiction" Traditions: An Interview with Jia Pingwa, by Zhang Qinghua24 The Jia Pingwa Project, by Nick Stember
29 Shaanxi Opera, by Jia Pingwa
SHI TIESHENG
38 Introduction, by Luying Chen
40 Fragments Written at the Hiatus of Illness, Selections from Chapter 2, by Shi Tiesheng
48 Shi Tiesheng: Writing Disability into Modern Chinese Fiction, by Sarah Dauncey
56 Gendered Spirituality and Acoustic Imagination: "Life on a String" from Fiction to Screen, by Hui Faye Xiao
68 The Solitary Writer in Shi Tiesheng's Fragments Written at the Hiatus of Illness, by Luying Chen
QIU XIAOLONG
78 Introduction, by Alan R. Velie
81 A Selection of Poems by Inspector Chen, by Qiu Xiaolong
89 Bilingual Poetics in the Global Age: An Interview with Qiu Xiaolong, by Jonathan Stalling
ZHENG XIAOQIONG
99 Introduction, by Zhou Xiaojing
102 Eight Poems, by Zheng Xiaoqiong
110 The Woolen Mill, by Zheng Xiaoqiong
FEATURED SCHOLAR: CHRISTOPHER LUPKE
114 Creative Connections across Sinological Boundaries, by Nicholas A. Kaldis
116 Paving the Way for New Canons: An Interview with Christopher Lupke, by Géraldine Fiss
122 Introduction to Xiao Kaiyu's Poems, by Christopher Lupke
123 Six Poems, by Xiao Kaiyu
In Every Issue
3 Editor’s Note
4 Contributors