MCLC: Looking for discussant for ASCJ panel

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 14 09:55:56 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Looking for discussant for ASCJ panel
I'm organizing a panel on the aesthetics and politics of Chinese character and language for the ASCJ (Asian Studies in Japan) conference, to be held at Tokyo in Rikkyo University, July 8-9, 2017. The application deadline is Oct. 27, 2016. At this moment, we particularly need a discussant to join our panel, which is currently composed of three papers: one on a linguistic analysis of Chinese characters in contemporary visual arts, one on aesthetics and the socio-political significance of comic artist Li Xiaoguai's invented Chinese characters on the Internet, and the other on the use of argot and censorship in modern Chinese literature.
If you're interested to serve as our discussant, please email me at jliu83 at gatech.edu. In addition, we can have one more panelist if someone would like to join us.
The conference ASCJ website: http://www.meijigakuin.ac.jp/~ascj/
Thank you for your attention,
Jin Liu
Associate Professor of Chinese Language and Culture
School of Modern Languages
Georgia Tech
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 14, 2016