MCLC: Kentucky Chinese History position

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 2 10:11:22 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Kentucky Chinese History position
Dear List Members,
We are hiring a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Chinese History. Please spread the word widely!
Department of History, University of Kentucky
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Chinese History
The Department of History at the University of Kentucky invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor in Chinese History. The position is pending final approval of funding. Research focus and chronological period are open. Teaching responsibilities are two courses per semester and the candidate should be capable of offering a two-semester East Asia survey. The successful applicant is also expected to play an active role in the vibrant and growing Chinese Studies major at the University of Kentucky. Native or near-native fluency in both Chinese and English required. Ph.D. required by Fall 2017.
Interested applicants should apply online at: http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/127842.
Applications must include the following: 1) letter of application detailing research and teaching (Cover Letter), 2) curriculum vitae, 3) a chapter-length writing sample, and 4) a teaching portfolio (upload under Specific Request 1). Also provide the names and contact information for three references when prompted in the academic profile. This information will be utilized to solicit recommendation letters from your references within the employment system.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Please direct any questions about the position to a.takenaka at uky.edu.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Native or near-native fluency in both Chinese and English required. Ph.D. required by Fall 2017.
Best,
Liang Luo <liang.luo at uky.edu>
University of Kentucky
by denton.2 at osu.edu on November 2, 2016