MCLC: Journal of Chinese Humanities 2.1

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 16 09:51:20 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Journal of Chinese Humanities 2.1
Journal of Chinese Humanities has just released Volume 2.1 on the subject of Literature of the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
Journal of Chinese Humanities is a peer-reviewed English-language extension of Wen Shi Zhe《文史哲》(Literature, History and Philosophy), the prestigious Chinese journal published by Shandong University. It covers both traditional and modern areas of research and aims to represent current research from mainland China to a Western audience.
If you think your university library or department should carry this journal, please recommend a subscription, or let us know whom to contact so that we may introduce ourselves.
Many thanks,
Benjamin Hammer,
Assistant Editor, Journal of Chinese Humanities
, Shandong University
TABLE OF CONTENTS – Journal of Chinese Humanities, Vol. 2.1, February 2016
“Creation Through Translation” in Early Twentieth-Century Women’s Fiction: On a Literary Trend in the Initial Stages of Cultural Exchange Between China and the West  – GUO YANLI
Relations between Actors and Scholars during the Ming-Qing Transition, as Seen in Tao’an Mengyi.  – CHEN WENXIN and GAO TIANBI
Research on Reader’s Guides to Ming and Qing Popular Novels – CHENG GUOFU
Scenic Depictions of Huizhou in Ming–Qing Literature – ZHU WANSHU
A Comparative Study of Two Major English Translations of The Journey to the West: Monkey and The Monkey and the Monk – JI HAO
Examining Narrative Form in The Scholars – SHANG WEI
The Drifting of the “South” to Beijing: The Southern Factor in Beijing Culture of the Early Qing  – DANDAN CHEN
Wang Dachang 汪大昌. Beijing: fangyan yu wenhua 北京:方言与文化 [Beijing: Language and Culture] – reviewed by RON SULESKI
Zhang Dainian and Cheng Yishan, Zhongguo wenhua jingshen 中国文化精神 [The Spirit of Chinese Culture] – reviewed by ZHANG YIN
by denton.2 at osu.edu on March 16, 2016