MCLC: The Challenge of Linear Time review (3)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed May 20 09:30:48 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
The Challenge of Linear Time review (3)
Dear Rebecca (and other readers),
I think you should read the book before assessing my review as a “hatchet job.”  But, that aside, I thought it was high time someone called a spade a spade, and announced (in this instance) that the emperor has no clothes on.  If a book is terrible, why dance around the issue?  I mentioned that I know and like both editors, but my fondness for them doesn’t make the book any better.  As for me being a well-known “anti-Marxist,” that’s the first I’ve heard of it.  All systems of thought, I believe, deserve the courtesy of rigorous criticism–Marxism gets no bye here, especially given the enormous atrocities committed in its name.
Josh Fogel <fogel at yorku.ca>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on May 20, 2015