MCLC: Publishing scholarly work in translation?

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 16 09:50:01 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Publishing scholarly work in translation?
Hello,
My professor, Dr. Hou Ying (侯颖), who studies Children’s Literature here at Northeast Normal University in Changchun is looking to find a publisher in the U.S. or Canada for her book titled, 《论儿童文学的教育性》(A Discussion on the Educational Function of Children’s Literature).  I am not sure where to start, so I thought I would ask here first. I would like to know if anyone could point me to publishers that accept scholarly works in translation or which focus on studies of children’s literature. I would guess a university press would be the way to go, but perhaps there are some other options I don’t know about. The book includes sources from Chinese writers and scholars as well as quite a few from the U.S., Canada, and Europe. She also lists the literary works included in primary school textbooks in China. If anyone has some advice or suggestions on where a text like this might be accepted she and I would both greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your help!
Lehyla Heward <lehyla.heward at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on March 16, 2015