MCLC: On the imbalance in intercultural relationships

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 2 09:16:26 EST 2015

MCLC LIST
On the imbalance in intercultural relationships
[For an upcoming scholarly event] We are currently working on research about the (seeming) imbalance in relationships and marriages between Chinese/Asian females and Western/Caucasian males. There seems to be a far greater number of Chinese/Asian female Western/Caucasian male relationships than the other way around. This is, however, mostly based on our own observations as we haven’t consulted many academic works dealing with this matter so far. Is there any scholarly sociological research or are there any reliable statistics concerning this topic? We would love to come in touch with scholars who deal with or can refer us to scholarly work written on this subject.
You can send us an e-mail at wangjia0820 at gmail.com .
Thanks in advance for everybody’s suggestions!
Kind regards,
Wang Jia
Ruben Oosterhuis
by denton.2 at osu.edu on March 2, 2015