MCLC: Censorship and salesmanship at US book fair (9)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Jun 20 09:50:28 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Censorship and salesmanship at US book fair (9)
As Cui Jian said to me right after he first got banned (1986): "以卵擊石/we know which is the rock and which is the egg. Even if I don't [as an artist] take an interest in politics, politics takes an interest in me and my art." Then he quoted the poet Bei Dao: 在沒有英雄的年代裡, 我只是想做一個人 “In an age without heroes, I just want to be a man."
Scott Savitt <scottsavitt at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on June 20, 2015