MCLC: Crossley on Fogel review and response (1)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 2 08:34:36 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Crossley on Fogel review and response (1)
Suffice it to say that my definition of uncollegial and Pamela Crossley's are quite different. I admit, uncollegial is a heavy charge. It is indeed often used by Administrative powers that be to silence their critics. However, used by and among peers -- I do consider Josh a peer -- it connotes a hope that we can rise above power plays and treat each other with intellectual respect. Our institutions are increasingly filled with powerful figures, whose intellectual intolerance is becoming a norm and a cause; there is no reason for the rest of us to abet this trend.
Rebecca Karl <rebecca.karl at nyu.edu>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on June 2, 2015