MCLC: Asiascape: Digital Asia open access

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 17 09:57:12 EST 2015

MCLC LIST
Asiascape: Digital Asia open access
Dear colleagues,
A note for list members interested in digital media and Asia: the first two volumes of our academic journal Asiascape: Digital Asia are currently available online, open-access, upon registration with the publisher Brill (see instructions on the web page). Recent China-related research articles include contributions by authors such as Jonathan Benney (on Weibo aesthetics), Prasenjit Duara (on area studies in the anthropocene), Hung Chin-fu (on civic movements on Taiwan's internet), Liu Jun (on mobile phones and social movements in China), and Annika Pissin (on Chinese 'mommy blogs'). The journal also features book reviews by leading experts in the field, for instance Maghiel van Crevel's review of Heather Inwood's Verse Going Viral, to name just one recent example.
The open access offer is available until 31 December. Beyond this, individual authors will of course continue to benefit from Brill’s green publishing policy, allowing them to share their contributions on their personal websites.
Asiascape: Digital Asia welcomes submissions all-year-round from inter- and multi-disciplinary scholars in the area studies, arts, communication and media studies, information and computer sciences, and social sciences. The journal’s focus lies specifically with the role that information, communication, and digital technologies play in Asian societies, as well as in intra-regional and transnational dynamics. Prospective contributors may find this introductory video to the journal useful and are welcome to contact me (the managing editor, Florian Schneider, Leiden University) or our reviews editor (Martin Roth, Leipzig University) for more information.
All the best
Florian Schneider <f.a.schneider at hum.leidenuniv.nl>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on December 17, 2015