MCLC: Beijing to limit mainlander visits to HK (2,3)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 15 09:22:22 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Beijing to limit mainlander visits to HK (2,3)
In response to Anne Henochowicz’s query: Technically speaking, there should be no consequences, given the change was made on ‘one visa, multiple entries’ visa. The mainland parents of HK born children are entitled and encouraged to use a different visa for ‘relative-visiting’.
Here are the links to local news report:
http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/news/art/20150414/19111865
http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/news/art/20150412/19109635
Nga Li LAM  <lnlaa at ust.hk>
According to my understanding (anyone please correct me if I am wrong), students from Shenzhen attending HK schools would have to be HK residents, most likely by birth in Hong Kong. Despite living with parents in Shenzhen, then, as HK residents their daily travels would not be hindered, so long as Beijing does not attempt to institute similar restrictions on Hong Kong residents entering Shenzhen, which seems unlikely.
Kevin Carrico <kjc83 at cornell.edu>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on April 15, 2015