MCLC: New College position

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:52:48 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
New College position
Tenure-track appointment approved for Chinese Language and Culture beginning August 2015. New College is a small, highly selective, liberal arts honors college within Florida’s public state university system and located on Sarasota Bay. We seek a generalist with a strong commitment to teaching Chinese language as well as broad competence in modern or contemporary Chinese literature and culture. Secondary interests in film, diasporic Chinese literatures and Sinophone studies, and/or language pedagogy would be welcomed. Successful candidates must have college-level teaching experience in Chinese language; experience in teaching literature/culture desirable, near-native fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English required, and evidence of active scholarship expected. Teaching load is 2/2 plus January-term Independent Study Projects and supervision of tutorials and senior theses. Collaboration, initiative, and innovation are important to our Chinese program, our Literature program, and our developing program in East Asian studies. Ph.D. in hand or dissertation completed by the date of appointment is preferred.
Salary competitive. Send dossier including: curriculum vitae, letter of application, three letters of reference, transcripts. Please include four brief descriptions of proposed courses: one introductory and one intermediate/advanced Chinese language course and two literature/culture courses in English, at least one of which should emphasize literature. Candidates are strongly encouraged to include, link, or send separately a short video of themselves teaching Chinese language. An ability to teach in both English and Chinese is expected. Review will begin 15 November and applications will close 30 November 2014 with MLA or Skype interviews to follow. Send materials to https://apply.interfolio.com/26303 . Candidates without an Interfolio account, send materials to humanities at ncf.edu. Candidates can also send their teaching demos in DVD format to: Division of Humanities, New College of Florida, 5800 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota, FL 34243-2109. Further questions to: Dr. Jing Zhang, Chair of the Search Committee, humanities at ncf.edu. New College of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage inquiries from candidates who contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. For accommodations, please contact Division of Humanities in advance @ (941) 487-4360. EOE/AA/ADA/WMA. Website: http://www.ncf.edu
Jing Zhang jzhang at ncf.edu
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 28, 2014