MCLC: translator needed for Brill book

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 11 10:23:56 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Qin Higley <Higley at brill.com>
Subject: translator needed for Brill book

We at Brill are looking for translators for our book series, Brill’s
Humanities in China Library <http://www.brill.com/bhcl> which includes
English translations of influential Chinese scholars’ works which were
originally published in Chinese. The English translation of the following
books have been published in the series:

A History of Contemporary Chinese Literature (Hong Zicheng. Translated by
Michael M. Day)

Touches of History: An Entry into 'May Fourth' China (Chen Pingyuan.
Translated by Michel Hockx, with Maria af Sandeberg, Uganda Sze Pui Kwan,
Christopher Neil Payne, and Christopher Rosenmeier)

Tradition and Modernity: A Humanist View (Chen Lai. Translated by Edmund
Ryden)

A Concise History of Chinese Literature (2 vols.) (Luo Yuming. Translated
by Ye Yang)

Eighteen Lectures on Dunhuang (Rong Xinjiang, Beijing University
<http://www.brill.com/eighteen-lectures-dunhuang>; Translated by: Imre
Galambos, University of Cambridge)

An Intellectual History of China, Volume One: Knowledge, Thought, and
Belief before the Seventh Century CE (Ge Zhaoguang, Fudan University
<http://www.brill.com/products/book/intellectual-history-china-volume-one>;
 Translated by Michael S. Duke, University of British Columbia and
Josephine Chiu-Duke, University of British Columbia)

Currently we are looking for a translator or translators for《古典诗学的现代
诠释》(蒋寅著
) published by 中华书局. If you are interested, please contact me for
details
of schedule and compensation.

Sincerely,
Qin Higley, Ph.D.
Acquisitions Editor, Asian Studies

BRILL  | 153 Milk Street, 6th Floor | Boston, MA 02109 | U.S.A
Phone +1 (617) 263 2323, ext.120 | Fax +1 (617) 263 2324
Email higley at brill.com | Web www.brill.com <http://www.brill.com/>