MCLC: WSU chair position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 19 08:53:03 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Lupke, Christopher <lupke at wsu.edu>
Subject: WSU chair position

Searching for Chair of Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures
https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/9199

The Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures (DFLC) at Washington
State University in Pullman, Washington seeks a dynamic and innovative
Chair for a full-time permanent, tenured academic position. Duties:
articulate a clear and compelling vision for the department’s future and
be a strong advocate for foreign languages and cultures within the College
of Arts and Sciences as well as on our campus and in the community at
large; lead a diverse faculty and staff in a collegiate environment
experiencing programmatic expansion and various degrees of growth and
facilitate collaboration among the various DFLC programs; teach
undergraduate/graduate courses on topics of foreign language and cultures
or in course(s) related to area of specialty; value and support the
academic and outreach activities of DFLC faculty and promote a positive
team environment in which all DFLC programs can flourish.

Minimum qualifications: PhD degree in language, literature or closely
related field by the hired date, qualifying at the rank of advanced
associate professor or full professor; an accomplished scholar who values
and promotes collaborative collegiality.

I strongly encourage qualified applicants to apply.

Sincerely,
Christopher Lupke
Associate Professor of Chinese