MCLC: Chinese Studies Research Group--date change

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 4 09:19:01 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Melissa Dale <mdale3 at usfca.edu>
Subject: Chinese Studies Research Group--date change

Please note that we've changed the date of the next meeting of the Chinese
Studies Research Group to avoid scheduling conflicts with another event.
The new date is Saturday, May 3rd. Please find details below:

Please join us for the May 3rd meeting of the Chinese Studies Research
Group (San Francisco Bay Area)!

The University of San Francisco Center for the Pacific Rim welcomes
interested faculty, independent scholars and graduate students to join us
on Saturday, May 3rd for our third and final meeting of the 2013-14
academic year.

This is group is designed to create a sense of community among scholars of
Chinese Studies in the SF Bay Area.  Our meetings are an opportunity to
hear and discuss interesting research in progress and to network with
people with similar interests.  We have two very interesting talks lined
up for this meeting (see details below).

Please feel free to share this message with your colleagues and graduate
students.  No RSVP required.

Saturday, May 3, 2014, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Please note date change)
University of San Francisco, Fromm Hall, Maier Room (Please note room
change)

Frederik H. Green, PhD, Assistant Professor of Chinese, Associate
Director, SF State Chinese Flagship Program, Department of Foreign
Languages and Literatures, San Francisco State University
Research Presentation:  "The Sky is the Limit: Feng Xiaoning’s Leitmotif
Cinema, Chinese Soft Power, and Ideological Fantasy"

Jonathan Tang, PhD Candidate, Department of History, UC Berkeley
Research Presentation:   “The Art of Governing (and not Governing) Hunan
in the Early Republic”

For a campus map of the University of San Francisco, click here:
http://www.usfca.edu/campusmap/

If you plan to attend, please send a quick e-mail to the group's
organizer, Melissa Dale at mdale3 at usfca.edu as this helps us plan for
refreshments.