MCLC: AAS New England 2013 conference program

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 1 09:13:24 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: To, Wing-Kai <WTO at bridgew.edu>
Subject: AAS New England 2013 conference program

Dear Colleagues:

The Conference Program of the Association for Asian Studies New England
Regional Conference is now available:

http://vc.bridgew.edu/neaas

Please click on the registration links.  The two-day conference
registration is $60 for faculty and $30 for students.  On site
registration is $80 and $40.

Thongchai Winichakul, Professor of History at the University of Wisconsin
and President of the Association for Asian Studies, will speak on
"Significance of Language and Translation in Asian Studies Across
Academies" on Saturday, October 12th at the luncheon.  Emma Teng, T.T. and
Wei Fong Chao Professor of Asian Civilizations at Massachusetts Institute
of Technology will speak on "Crossing Boundaries: The Hidden Histories of
Transnational and Mixed Families in the US, China and Hong Kong,
1842-1943" on Friday October 11th at the luncheon. In addition, the
conference features 23 panels and about 70 presentations in two full-days.
An evening reception will also be held from 5 to 7 pm on October 11th.

Bridgewater State University is conveniently located in south of Boston,
near interstate highways 24, 495, and 95 between Boston and Providence.
Bridgewater train station on our campus is connected by commuter rail from
Boston. We welcome faculty and graduate students to participate in our
conference.  Please email me at wto at bridgew.edu if you have any questions.
 Please join us on October 11-12.

Sincerely,

Wing-kai To, Ph.D.