MCLC: Harvard EAS grad conferene 2013

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 20 09:51:49 EST 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Michael Chenkin <michaelchenkin1 at gmail.com>
Subject: Harvard EAS grad conference 2013

We are delighted to invite you and your department to the 16th Annual
Harvard East Asia Society (HEAS) Graduate Student Conference, to be held
in Harvard University, CGIS-South Building, from February 22 - 24th, 2013
(Friday - Sunday).

The HEAS Conference gathers is an interdisciplinary forum where promising
graduate students can exchange ideas and discuss current research on East
Asia with peers and Harvard University professors. This year's conference
gathers graduate students from around the world to present papers from all
disciplines on topics related to East or Inner Asia. We hope that you and
members of your department will find something to interest you in our wide
range of panel topics.

If you would be willing to circulate this email to members of your
department, or any other departments or research institutes that may find
this information of interest, we would be very grateful.

Thank you very much for your time and your support. We look forward to
welcoming you to the conference soon.

Sincerely,

The HEAS Conference Committee

The 16th Harvard East Asia Society Graduate Student Conference

will be held from

February 22 - February 24, 2013

in

Harvard University, CGIS-South, Concourse Level

Keynote Address and Conference Panels are open to the public
Registration is free

Keynote address: James Fallows, National correspondent for The Atlantic
and author of China Airborne
Friday, 22th February, 2013

Conference lecture: Professor Mark Elliott, Harvard University, "Stirred,
not Shaken: Mixing History and Politics in East Asia"

Conference Panel Sessions will run from Saturday, 23th February, 10.30am -
6.00pm
Sunday 24th February, 9.30am - 1.00pm

For more information, please visit:
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~heas/conference/