MCLC: Cantonese novels (3,4,5)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Aug 28 09:12:54 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Magnus Fiskesjo <magnus.fiskesjo at cornell.edu>
Subject: Cantonese novels (3)

A comment: Even for those who don't understand Cantonese, HK drama is
uniquely accessible because they often provide subtitles (Chinese,
English) as if it were a Chinese opera. Great idea. Recently saw "A
Bowlful of Kindness" about HK history seen through the conquest by the
Japanese rice cooker, a great show. This review forgets to mention they
also do Chinese subtitles, and not just English:

http://www.timeout.com.hk/stage/features/50592/a-bowlful-of-kindness.html

Magnus Fiskesjö

From: James Dew <jameserwindew at yahoo.com>
Subject: Cantonese novels (4)

Hello, Gilbert. Thanks for your posting. Yes, please post a list of your
writings on Hong Kong drama. People are interested.

If you could tell us how we could get access to electronic copies of your
articles, that would be even better.

Jim Dew
in Orange County CA

From: Mirana May SZETO <mmszeto at hku.hk>
Subject: Cantonese novels (5)

Thanks Gilbert, for reminding us about drama in Cantonese, and I would
say poetry as well.

Much of Hong Kong poetry also foregrounds and politicizes the use of
Cantonese.

Mirana M. Szeto