MCLC: new chapter for children's book authors (3)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 15 09:09:08 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Kyle D. Anderson <kyle.anderson at centre.edu>
Subject: new chapter for children's book authors (3)

While finishing up dissertation work in Beijing a few years back, I ran
into the former Shandong journalist turned short story-turned popular
science-turned children's stories writer, 焦耐芳.  He's a prolific writer
and
master of the animal tale and fable, very influenced by the classical
short story and aesop's fable traditions.  His work often has a didactic
apparatus attached (not the typical moralizing kind) that aims at teaching
children about biology, science and history.  I've been very impressed
with his explanation of pre-Reform era children's games that bring to
light stark contrasts between the realities of childhood experience past
and present 筛麦浪 (2012). Mr. Jiao has a number of series with the 天津 and
中国青
年 presses.

Kyle David Anderson