MCLC: Wang Dan on Chen Guangcheng (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon May 7 09:13:18 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Rujie Wang <rwang at wooster.edu>
Subject: Wang Dan on Chen Guangcheng (1)

It was good to read Wang Dan's article and see China's political situation
in the light of his optimism. Against my old age and cynicism, I look
forward to the day when people are able to gather in Tiananmen Square to
openly mourn the deaths of those killed there in 1989. It may be decades
before that is possible though, considering the fact that it took the U.S.
government over 60 years to disburse more than $1.6 billion to Japanese
Americans who were interned during the 1940s during the WWII.

Rujie